What is Gemba?
- Go see the actual place and actual process for yourself to understand the real, as-is, situation.
- Go see is done through direct observation and can include dialogue with the process performers as well as performing the process for yourself.
Why we use it?
- To understand the as-is process, rather than the “desired” state.
- To understand the real facts and validate assumptions about the functioning of the process to ensure you address the real problem
- To hear firsthand about the opportunities for improvement from the process performers
- To coach process performers in how to solve problems and continuously improve
- To monitor performance of the process
- To investigate a problem
- As a leader to be visible to your employees and create constructive relationships
(Visited 6 times, 1 visits today)