As a progressive build upon yellow belt training, the Green Belt course teaches powerful concepts and methods for improving business performance within a structured format popularly known as “DMAIC,” short for Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control.
A large majority of processes and problems in transactional and manufacturing environments can be improved with a green belt skill set. Only the remaining problems in these environments, and other problems in engineering environments, require the more advanced capabilities of black belts.
Six Sigma Green Belts are trained specialists who lead improvement projects in their own areas and support Black Belts in larger, cross-functional projects. Ideal candidates are results-oriented self-starters with good technical, communication and inter-personal skills. They should excel at working in a team environment.
- To provide participants with a thorough understanding of the Six Sigma methodology.
- To impart the knowledge participant will need to successfully apply the Six Sigma DMAIC tools as a member or leader of an improvement team.
- To give participants a familiarity with statistical software that will enable them to efficiently apply the statistical DMAIC tools to their projects or business.
- Six Sigma Overview
- DMAIC Methodology
- Project Definition and Charter
- Cost of Poor Quality
- Defect per million opportunity
- Voice of the Customer
- Introduction to Minitab
- Process Mapping
- Basic Statistics and Graphical Methods
- Sampling plan
- Data Collection Plan
- Measurement Systems Analysis
- Process Capability
- Introduction to Regression Analysis
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Multi-Vari Studies
- Test of hypothesis
- Confidence Interval
- Lean Six Sigma
- Process Decision Program Charts (PDPC)
- Introduction to Designed Experiments (DOE)
- Poka Yoke and other Improvements
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Process Control Plans
The training will be conducted using Minitab software.
A Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (CLSSGB) shall be granted for those who complete the requirements for certification from Smart Business Solutions.
Duration: 5 days of classes.