What is Visual Management Board?
Visual performance boards are displays of critical information (KPIs) that are shown to allow anyone, even those who are unfamiliar with the processes, to rapidly see what is going on, understand it and see what is under control and what isn’t. Essentially, the current status of an operation can be assessed at a glance.
Why we use it?
- Visual performance boards help us get insight into how the business is doing by displaying its performance and highlighting the gaps vs. plan
- Gap analysis not only helps to look back and develop corrective actions but also help to predict ahead and proactively respond.
- Visual displays help to direct the team discussions around the priority areas.
- They help to see, know, act & learn together
- Helps the team to get through the PDCA cycle of performance management and make adjustments and improvements to stay on plan.
When should we use it?
- When reviewing the performance of a team, department, process or business.
- When the team comes together to review the performance against plan. The visual display area should be the center point where all huddle.
- Review should take place on a daily/shift, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis depending on the review level in the organization.
- Visual performance displays also serve as a communication tool for others outside of the team.