The Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is part of the Identify stage of the lean project, after the Define stage of the problem. VSM is a powerful tool which identify the different types of wastes and identify opportunities for improvement. VSM tool can be used in a large majority of processes and problems in transactional and manufacturing environments.
VSM are trained specialists who lead lean projects in their own areas and Ideal candidates are results-oriented self-starters with good technical, communication and inter-personal skills. They should excel at working in a team environment.
Who should attend?
Individuals who have responsibility for reducing costs and waste, and improving efficiency and customer value at the organizational or departmental level
- To provide participants with a thorough understanding of the VSM tool.
- To impart the knowledge participant will need to successfully apply the VSM tools as a member or leader of an improvement team.
- To give participants a familiarity with leading brainstorming sessions and learn how to facilitate a VSM workshop to efficiently identify projects wastes and areas for im[provment.
- Introduction to Lean for Service and Manufacturing,
- Pull Versus Push
- Types of wastes
- Information and product flow
- VSM Overview
- VSM tools
- Define the problem
- Team members
- Project scope
- SMART Goal
- Pre session preparation
- Introduction to VSM symbols
- VSM components
- Process cycle time efficiency
- Identify all types of wastes
- Identify areas for opportunities
A VSM facilitator certificate shall be granted for those who complete the requirements for certification from Lean6sigma Academy.
Duration: 1 days.